By Megan Block
Ever find yourself thinking one million thoughts at once? You’re not alone. We are constantly trying to multitask and cram too many things into one little day — or even one little moment. Many of us struggle with getting anything done because we can’t focus. Stop the craze! These simple guidelines can help prioritise your thoughts and get you back on track.
- Sleep. Rest is essential to rejuvenate your body and ease your mind so you’re ready to tackle everything the next day brings. Doctors recommend a solid 7-9 hours each night. So get to sleep!
- Prioritise. Making lists is a great way to help us remember what we have to do, decide the order in which it needs to get done and check items off the list! Making a plan will help you stay focused and avoid wasting time on unimportant distractions.
- Eat well. Do you ever eat a huge meal and lose all desire to be productive? The food coma is real! Maximise your ability to concentrate by eating light and healthy. It’s likely you’ll find you don’t need as much to satisfy your hunger as you thought you needed.
- Hit the gym. Getting your workout in first thing each morning will start your day off with a clear head and help you focus on your tasks. Breaking a sweat boosts your metabolism and gets your body moving, ready to conquer your day!
- Take a break. Do you ever get restless sitting in the same position? It’s important to give yourself a few minutes to walk around and visit some new scenery. Keep your mind engaged by taking a break and finding new inspiration.
What tips do you have to keeping your focus each day? Share your advice on doing it all in the comments section below.